Welcome, friends, to Temple Baptist Church!
Pastor Bud Owen
The Last Race
(The following article was written a few months ago by Banks Dellinger...a member of Temple Baptist Church)
It was Sunday, November 3, 2013. It was a cold, brisk day in New York City. An elderly woman participated in the New York City Marathon, as she had done many times before.
During the course of the race, the lady stumbled and fell. Some of the race attendants bound up her wounds and helped her to her feet. Courageously, she continued the race and completed it.
After the race was over, she was talking to some friends and said, "I feel faint; I'm going to lie down for a while." Much to their surprise and sorrow, she soon died.
Upon hearing this story, I immediately thought of the Apostle Paul and his classic words found in II Timothy 4:7, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith."
Are your walking with Christ? Have you stumbled? Have you fallen? Look to Him...He'll pick you up!
Like us on Facebook at "Temple Baptist Church, Lewisville, NC", to receive ongoing updates on events within the church.
- To Exalt the Savior!
- To Evanglize the Sinner!
- To Edify and Educate the Saint!
This is done through...
- Biblical Preaching and Teaching
- Christ-Centered and Christ-Honoring Music
- Love For and Fellowship with One Another
- Faithful Support of Missions
- Biblical Counseling
How do I become a Christian?
- Realize that you are lost and need a Savior and Jesus Christ is the Savior. (Romans 3:23 and 6:23)
- Recognize what God had done to remedy you lost condition. (Romans 5:8 and John 3:16)
- Repent; a willingness to turn from sin to the Savior. (Luke 13:3 and Acts 20:21)
- Receive the Lord Jesus Christ as your own Personal Savior. (John 1:12)
God has provided in Christ Jesus the ONLY way of salvation...you must make the choice to receive God's salvation. Will you, right now, invite Jesus Christ to be your Savior?